Entry Visa Info

Like in any other country, a passport is required for you to enter Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR). Passports used for travelling to Hong Kong should always be within at least 1 month validity after your departure date from Hong Kong. Should you be unfamiliar with your country requirements for obtaining a passport, you may check the "International Travel tab" of the US State Department website for a listing of passport requirements around the world.

Hong Kong Immigration allows nationals of most countries to enter Hong Kong without a visa and they can stay for periods of 7 days to 180 days, depending on their citizenship. Citizens of USA, Canada (and other British Commonwealths), Australia, and New Zealand can stay in Hong Kong for 90 days without a visa, while citizens of UK can stay for 180 days without a visa. For citizens of other countries, please check the Hong Kong Immigration Department’s website on visa requirements.

Usually upon arriving in the Hong Kong International Airport , the immigration officers will ask you about your planned length of stay, reasons for visiting Hong Kong, accommodation, and proof of a return ticket, should you not be transiting to mainland China or Macau. (Should you have plans to visit mainland China as well, you will need to obtain a visa from the Embassy of People’s Republic of China in Hong Kong or in your own country before departure. Take note that your passport must have at least 6 months validity for you to apply for a visa for mainland China).

Cost of visa

Item   Fees
1 Ordinary visa  US$160
2 Transit visa US$84
3 Change of conditions of stay or extension of limit of stay US$160
4 Endorsement to a travel document for which no specific fee is provided  US$165
5 Service charge for supplying, on application, a copy of any document, or for making or forwarding, or both, a request or recommendation to any authority of a foreign state or Commonwealth country, for consular or nationality registration or for the issue or renewal of a passport or other travel document or of a document of identity or for the grant of a visa or entry permit US$180