My Guide Website?
Hong Kong Heritage - Past to Present8 Reviews
Walk among historic buildings nestled amid skyscrapers on a heritage tour through Central. See how history, growth and beliefs shape modern architecture of this amazing territory.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Hong Kong:If youʻre booking your trip to Hong Kong last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Statue Square and why Hong Kong's main square is so small
- See The Supreme Court - one of Hong Kong’s last remaining colonial buildings
- Marvel at St John’s Anglican Cathedral once visible from the harbour
- Explore the network of foot bridges of the central business district
- Hong Kong's old town district and the making of Hong Kong's Soho explained
DescriptionThe future meets the past in Hong Kong and nowhere can you see this more clearly than in the Central district. You'll walk among historic buildings that are nestled amid stunning skyscrapers, uncovering layers of stories and learn how these influenced modern architecture. The heart of Hong Kong city, the Central district, has been developing since inception of British rule in 1841. Western-style buildings sprang up as the city grew prosperously and the early 20th century saw Hong Kong develop into a metropolis. Extensive reclamations extending the waterfront and development projects were carried out during different periods and although the outlook of the city is ever changing, many historical buildings and structures still survive as standing testimony to the history of this amazing territory.
IncludesEnglish speaking tour guide German guide on request
- • This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Intimate group size of 2-8 people