Central: 1-Country-2-Systems Modern Hong Kong History Walk14 Reviews
Learn about Hong Kong's past, present and possible future on this walking tour. Hear about China's role in Hong Kong and the One Country Two System policy.
- Learn how the British colonized Hong Kong and how it was returned to China
- Understand the current state of Hong Kong and its relationship to China
- See the major sights in the Central business district
DescriptionMany travelers who come to Hong Kong do not have much understanding of the one country two systems. On this tour learn what Hong Kong is from a local's perspective. Meet your guide at the Admiralty MTR station and set off on your 2.5-hour walking tour in the Admiralty and Central area of Hong Kong. See the Central Government Complex and hear about the reality of China's promised democratic progression in the constitution and what the Umbrella Movement is. Visit Tamar Park and learn about British colonization of Hong Kong and what happened to Hong Kong after 1898. Afterwards visit the People's Liberation Army Building and learn about the one country two systems promise China made in 1984. Also talk about how confidence in Hong Kong's future collapsed after the Tiananmen Square massacre in 1989. At City Hall, see the Second World War memorial and learn how China planned its way to take over Hong Kong sovereignty. After stopping for water, learn about the ultimate tool the Beijing government uses to control Hong Kong at the Court of Final Appeal. In the last half of the tour explore the Central business district including the HSBC Building and Bank of China Building, Queen's Road Central and St. John Cathedral.
IncludesProfessional local guide Local restaurant recommendations Booking fee Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and beverages
- This is not a Chinese cultural experience tour
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- This tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability